Fish guru
Reaction score
After so long of making
Carp wait... I will finally unveil
the fish that I have decided
to buy...

Lol let me explain some
stuff first.

Alright. So I was so stuck. I had no idea what to buy because I am honestly, a pretty picky guy. I wanted something interesting, something that I could breed if I wanted to, something that is kinda big, something that isn't too expensive.

Like I mentioned before, I originally really wanted some Red Belly Piranhas because of how interesting they are to me. But I found at sadly that they are illegal in Louisiana. So, I had to think of something else to try and get.

After days of looking... Trying to find that perfect fish to match my needs, I finally found it. I finally found the one for me!

Red spot severum Gold .jpg

The Gold Severum Cichlid!

Boy am I excited for these things!
They really do fit all my needs. They're just territorial aggressive, they are great looking, can be bred if wanted, and fit my tank. They also are not too expensive and not a crazy demanding fish. I really don't like my hobby turning into a chore.

I should be getting these guys in Friday, they won't be too big and I am seriously excited!

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
You know the more i look at that fish the more i think i prefer them over discus, just as attractive and a lot less finicky.

Fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Discus were terrible for me. So needy and so picky.

Fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Good luck. Some people just get better Discus. I'm not sure what was up with mine but they never ate and always had problems

Fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
When I got rid of them, I didn't keep fish for a good little while. Now I'm finally getting back into it.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Discus are nice without a doubt, but require more special treatment than most hobbyist want to commit to including me, face it to do discus right is more time and effort consuming, and im just too lazy i guess.