When's the next Petco dollar per gallon sale?

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by CarpCharacin, Mar 19, 2018.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio Administrator Fish mentor

Does anyone know when the next Petco dollar per gallon sale is? I want to get another 75 gallon to go on the top of double metal stand, I have the new hap tank on the bottom.

2. Five 97

Five 97 Neon tetra Member

No clue, but I do know that in my area, they no longer include 75s in the sale, not sure if this is nationwide or not though. Might want to re-check with your local store.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Roxane1232

Roxane1232 Bolivian ram Well-known Member

I think it starts this week I think but I think they have anything over 30 gallons half off.

4. CarpCharacin

I'm kinda bummed that they no longer include 75s in the sale :(. I need to get a tank to go on the top of my double metal stand.

5. Roxane1232

Try Petsmart, they had some good deals on their starter tank kits. I'm most likely going to get the 55 gallon, but maybe if you look online you could find a 75 gallon and have them deliver it to the store for pickup

6. CarpCharacin

The stand also works with 90 and 110 gallon aquariums, so ideally, I'd like to find one of those used for cheaper than what a new 75 would cost. I paid $35 for the 75 I have my haps in, but I had to reseal it.

7. Roxane1232

You could also check on ksl or on facebook marketplace, they might have some good deals on used tanks, or even deseret industries, or goodwill.

8. CarpCharacin

I want to get a new betta because my last betta died back in February, and this time I want to get a 10 gallon tank. Does anyone know when the next sale is? I went to Petco today to get some more goldfish food, and the tanks weren't on sale. I already ordered a double metal 10 gallon stand, the same kind that I use for my 40 gallon tanks and my 75.

9. CarpCharacin

I'm not sure if I'm going to wait for the sale, they have 10 gallon tanks at Walmart for $14.

10. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Yeah, not really worth it. Just pick one up from Walmart.

11. Roxane1232

I think the dollar per gallon starts in July

12. CarpCharacin

I already got a 10 gallon, so I don't think I'm going to get any tanks at the next sale. I still have to build a stand for my 180 gallon.

13. Roxane1232

Never say never.

14. CarpCharacin

I may actually need to pick up a tank to use as a sump for my 180 gallon, probably either a 40 or 55 gallon, so I might get one at the next sale.

15. CarpCharacin

It's July, do you know if the Petco dollar per gallon sale has started?

16. Roxane1232

I think so. I haven't checked.

17. CarpCharacin

I called them a while ago and they said that the dollar per gallon sale hadn't started and they said that they didn't know when it would start, but I will call them again.

18. CarpCharacin

I hope there is another sale soon, because my 75 gallon tank leaked out, and the frame of my 55 gallon tank is cracked, and the haps really need their own tank. I'm pretty sure they have 55s at the dollar per gallon sale.

19. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Moderator Fish guru

How many Haps do you have Carp ?

20. CarpCharacin

I have 3 Sciaenochromis fryeri, and they are in a divided 40 gallon tank with my flowerhorn.

21. CarpCharacin

I hope the next sale is soon, I really need to get a tank for my haps.