Where to get replacement priming pot lid?

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by CarpCharacin, Dec 27, 2017.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio Administrator Fish mentor

There are some cracks in the lid of the priming pot on my pond, does anyone know where I can find a replacement, or should I just order a new priming pot and use the lid?

2. CarpCharacin

I got a replacement lid, but unfortunately it didn't fit. The cracked lid is still working for now.

3. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Moderator Fish guru

What is a Priming Pot ? Is that a pond filter ? I really don't know about them !:p

4. CarpCharacin

The priming pot is just kind of a pre filter before the pump that keeps leaves and stuff from getting caught in it, and it can also be used to prime the pump by pouring water in it.

5. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Moderator Fish guru

Oh that's great !

6. CarpCharacin

The priming pot is still working, but it is letting air in, so the pump isn't pumping as much water. I couldn't find a lid that would work, so I just ordered a new priming pot today. It has threaded fittings, so it shouldn't be that hard to swap out.

7. CarpCharacin

The priming pot came a while ago, and I tried using the lid from the new priming pot on the old one, but it didn't fit, so I just swapped the entire priming pot. It was easy since it had union fittings.