Who's local?

Tug

Neon tetra
Reaction score
So I'm new here and don't know any members. This is my attempt to get to know our local community. I remember the "good ol days" when I would spend hours chatting with online friends, planning meets and organizing large fish orders. It's still one of my fondest memories in this hobby....the fellowship.
So I'm Chris a.k.a Tug, I live in Lindon. My passion in the hobby is Central American cichlids, if it's big and aggressive I probably love it. I've dabbled in breeding and I've dabbled in large oddball species (stingrays, cats, gars, etc. but I always come back to the Locker C.A cichlids. I currently only own 3 tanks, 120 and two 55 gal. I'm planning on building another fish room real soon (maybe 2-3 weeks).
Well....the converstion has been started. Please jump on board and tell me about your passion, your hobby.

Tug

Neon tetra
Reaction score
Should have proof read that haha doesn't make sense in some spots haha. Oh well

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I live in Salt Lake City. I have mainly goldfish and koi. I have a 1500 gallon koi pond. I also have 3 electric blue haps and 2 plecos.

Tug

Neon tetra
Reaction score
That's a good size pond. What kind and how many koi do you keep in it? I've always wanted a pond...some day I hope to.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I have 3 koi and 5 goldfish in the pond. One of the koi is an orange butterfly koi, one is all black and the biggest one is calico. I had a problem with algae over the summer, so I have been planning to install a UV clarifier, but I haven't yet. I am planning on doing it in the spring. I also have to add a priming pot to filter out large debris before it enters the pump.

Tug

Neon tetra
Reaction score
Is it above ground or below?

Tug

Neon tetra
Reaction score
So I'm assuming you need to load pictures to a host site or something to upload to this site? I tried posting some and couldn't figure it out. A sticky in the photo section explaining the steps to the newbie would be great.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I use http://imgur.com/ its a fantastic site, easy to use. I just uploaded all my images that i normally use and anytime i want one i go there, click a pic and get the img file to post, easy peasy :)

usually when im on a site i just leave it open in my browser in case i need one.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It is better if you just use the built in attachment system. You can upload unlimited images up to 7 mb.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Does the attachment feature put the image right in your post or do you have to click to see it ?