Winter sucks

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
How cold? It's been around 0-30 here. It even made 50 once. New England is really weird lol.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It is 30 degrees right now. It has been around 30-40, but there is going to be a winter storm on christmas eve.

That Cat Creep

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
Just move to the southern hemisphere for three months of the year and skip winter all together. :p

LizStreithorst

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
I don't like winter either except for this one. I've been wearing shorts and a T shirt every day for a week. Weather in Mississippi has been very strange this year.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It hadn't snowed much here this winter, but on christmas eve it snowed over a foot. I am just not looking forward to when there is an inversion. The air gets really bad.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It was warming up here and the snow was melting, but now a storm is coming in and it is going to snow :(.

Fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Here in Louisiana, it's the Winter and it's 79 degrees Fahrenheit down here. Lol. But it sometimes drop down to ~35 if it's REALLY cold.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I can't wait until spring. I hope it warms up soon so I can get my koi pond going again. I remember when we started digging the koi pond in February 2015, it was really warm.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Here in Salt Lake City, the air quality gets really bad this time of year because of the inversion. It is going to rain soon and that should melt all of the snow and get rid of the inversion.

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
We have had two huge storms in three days. 14 inches on Thursday and 16 today.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It has stayed warm enough here for the pond not to freeze over. I am happy about that. I plan to get the filter going when it warms up again.

catsma_97504

Neon tetra
Reaction score
Although I'm starting to feel like I'm drowning in all the rain and snow, I can't complain. We've been in a drought for many years. And this year are at 165% of normal since October. Won't know how to act to see water in the smaller creeks and streams. But, I'm also taking precautions as it will change the water chemistry in my tanks as well.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
We have been in a drought here too. Utah is the second driest state and 2 years ago, it hardly snowed at all.