Wondering if this is Lymphocystis?

sidfish

Neon tetra
Reaction score
A new juvenile female German Blue Ram with unusual nodule like cysts in the tissue near the beginning of the tail... internal not external. Can be seen on both sides of the fish.
ram  Spot ****** copy.jpg
. Any guesses?

sidfish

Neon tetra
Reaction score
I think it's possible, but it may be too early to tell for sure.
My QT tank has now turned into a full fledged "assisted living tank" as if it is viral, it will come and go. The fish is active and eating well. I will watch and document. A new fish keepers disease for me to learn. Guess I'd better pick up another quarantine....

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I have a lionhead goldfish in my 20 gallon tank with a virus, I think it's a cyprinivirus. I'm not going to expose him, or any of the other fish in the tank to any of my other fish.

sidfish

Neon tetra
Reaction score
I have a lionhead goldfish in my 20 gallon tank with a virus, I think it's a cyprinivirus. I'm not going to expose him, or any of the other fish in the tank to any of my other fish.
That's sad.. have you had the Lionhead for awhile? If you can keep the immune strong and the water perimeters quality will the fish mange ok living with the virus? My new Ram has the company of 2 female Leopard Danio's who are supposedly not affected by Lymphocystis. They will remain a trio.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I think I've had the lionhead for about a year. I think the symptoms mainly show up when the water temperature is cold, so I try to keep his tank from getting too cold, and he does okay. I don't think the virus will spread to the other fish, but I don't want to take the risk of moving them, in case it already has.